"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: GDFB legs and sallet  (Read 3095 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
GDFB legs and sallet
« on: 2008-06-15, 23:39:55 »
:) hey i just got my GDFB legs and sallet.

legs:

i really like them. great articulation. there are a few minor historical changes that i would do, might do, will do in the future. like fixing the fan a tad. the upper roll should be more of a triangular role and not a round one, but it will work.  my legs are a tad wide for them right above the knee lames. buts for the price its ok :) I love how the knee cops are small and more historical looking than the usual SCA knees you see out there.  Pamela, i would seriously look into these. i really wish the greaves were in stock. i can't wear the legs only for Lord Greys cause its not period :( hehhe maybe they will be here before my Sept event.

sallet:

i got the coventry or venision style. i had a large but sent it back for a medium. the only thing i don't like is they squished down the medium and the visor doesn't flow very well with it. it stays up, but it has a weird line at the bottom. you can't see the line with the visor up though, thats prob how i'll wear it 100% of the time anyways hehehe    it wasn't like that on the large so i know they have to be using the same visors. i want to put a new liner in it as well. it stands tall off the head. the bevor is jsut like the rest... odd. it needs another top piece to work correctly, and the bottom plate needs to be flattened out to rest on the breastplate.  I'll take a pic this week.

Sword Chick

• Founder/Lead Instructor Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
  • Forum Follower
    • Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
Re: GDFB legs and sallet
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-16, 01:00:56 »
Hey, Sir Wolf!  Cool.   8)  Thanks for thinking of me.  I'll check into those legs. 
"Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?"
~Steinman/Pitchford