Main > The Round Table

The Order of the Marshal, knightings

(1/11) > >>

Sir Edward:

For those who don't know, we just had our second round of accolades in The Order of the Marshal. This past weekend, several of us traveled out to WV to conduct two knightings at a Catholic church, with a castle overlooking from the nearby hill.

Sir Nathan's ceremony was conducted by his priest, with a Catholic knighting rite that was translated from Latin. Afterward, we did Sir James' ceremony, which he wrote as a variant of our "standard" ceremony form. He opted to include the colée (the buffet) in his ceremony, which we agreed to do as a sort of shoving punch to the shoulder area of the chest.

Afterward, we had a lunch provided by Sir Nathan's family, and then returned to James's place for an afternoon of swordplay and test-cutting, followed by a dinner outing at the local Applebee's.

Much fun was had by all, and I think we definitely need to plan on having more swordy days. :) That's harder to do during the winter, but we can always have movie days instead when the weather is poor.

Pictures: http://ed.toton.org/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?g=2011.accolades2

Sir Nathan, please pass along my heartfelt thanks to your family for providing the lunch. I wasn't expecting that. And to your priest for accommodating us!

Sir James, let me thank you personally for offering up your yard to use for our afternoon festivities. What a great time we all had. It was a great day all around!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-11-21, 14:46:55 ---Sir James, let me thank you personally for offering up your yard to use for our afternoon festivities. What a great time we all had. It was a great day all around!

--- End quote ---

It was my pleasure. There will be more of them in the future. :)

Ian:
A heartfelt congratulations to those who received the accolade last weekend!

SirNathanQ:
Yes, more swordy days!  ;D
And Fr Leonard thought it was very neat, as he is fan of history also.
And the lunch surprised me too!  :D

I would thank you, Sir Ed, Sir William, and Sir Brian for your sponsorship.  :)

Sir Wolf:
sorry to have missed it :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version