Main > The Round Table

Walking Dead Series: {WARNING SPOILER ALERT}

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Edward:
Yeah, the whole thing didn't sit well with me, from a moral standpoint, simply because of how cold-blooded and ruthless it was. The fight over the supplies was an important part of it that I forgot to mention in my quick synopsis of it. It was not a quick shot to the leg, grab the bag, and run. Shane was kicking at Otis, and Otis was hanging on for dear life, holding the packs, and pulling Shane's hair.

I hate to say it, but if I were Otis, in that moment of "oh crap you shot me!", I might have shot Shane right back, and aimed higher.

Sir William:
Now THAT would've made the show more interesting...because it would've been realistic.

Sir Brian:
Some great points brought forth and discussed here!

So if Shane’s actions were not honorable to some perspectives here, is it possible that there can be both an idealistic and practical concept of honor? Remember he made a vow to his lifelong friend concerning a child he also loved. I personally would be hard pressed to put a stranger’s tenuous chances of survival over the lives of the ones I loved. Cold-blooded ruthlessness should not always equate to dishonor.  :-\

What will be really interesting to see is how the writers of the show develop the ‘character’ of the Shane character. – Sorry I just had to put that little play on words in there!  ;)

~ Will this experience help him to become a better leader by being more conscientious with planning his actions or will it drive him further down the path of ruthless narcissism? I basically see the Shane character at a major moral intersection. If anything he showed us thus far that he is amoral as opposed to immoral. Amoral meaning apathetic to accepted moral standards and immoral meaning being willfully contrary to accepted moral principles which is a very minuscule but poignant distinction.  :-\

James Barker:
If Shane was honorable he could have sacrificed himself and let Otis be the hero.

Overall I felt it was dark, gritty, and selfish which is why that show rules.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, the writing is fantastic. I love that they're exploring these sorts of moral dilemmas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version