Main > The Round Table

Christian Chivalry: Reviving The Knightly Virtues

(1/2) > >>

Sir Edward:
I found this on another forum, and apparently that was found on a facebook page entitled "Christian Chivalry: Reviving The Knightly Virtues":

Knighthood is not something won on the battelfield and awarded the accolade of the broadsword’s dubbing the armored shoulder. It is not a matter of gold spurs and splendid trapping.

A knight may wear coveralls and ride an ancient coupe. Knighthood may be as modern as the evening’s newspaper, as prosaic as a paycheck handed to a wife by her husband, as far from battle as the teller’s window in an uptown bank, as unknown to history or poetry as a single rose placed at the bedside of a new mother.

Every Knight, whatever his age occupation, or costume, has certain easily distinguishable characteristics:

A knight is dedicated to the slaying of the dragon of evil.

A knight is an individualist fighting, not in the serried ranks of a disciplined army, but alone.

A knight hates injustice and battles the unjust, loves innocence and protects human needs.

A knight may be harsh with the strong; he is gentle with the weak.

A knight knows that he is on a level with those who are better armed and with those who need the arms he carries.

A knight’s honor is high; he would rather lose a battle than win it by trickery, dishonesty or lies.

Above all a knight respects and honors women for their virginity, their motherhood, their meaning to the human race, their purpose for life today and in the future.

A knight has high courage that never admits that a cause is lost.

A knight’s ideal is to do all thing well.

Sir William:
All the things a knight should aspire to be...none of which we did not already know implicitly, but it is nicely worded, is it not?

Sir Brian:
I like it for the most part.  :)

This line:

--- Quote ---A knight’s honor is high; he would rather lose a battle than win it by trickery, dishonesty or lies.
--- End quote ---

Is my favorite. :)

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote ---A knight hates injustice and battles the unjust, loves innocence and protects human needs.
--- End quote ---
I'm partial to this one. :)

Sir Wolf:
i like it  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version