"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: ATrim 1592 for sale  (Read 4942 times)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
ATrim 1592 for sale
« on: 2008-06-06, 03:29:48 »
I post this mostly because I thought Pamela would like to see how much one of these is going for nowadays (since she bought the one I used to own a few years back).

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?t=88418

This is one sword that proves that just because a weapon is huge doesn't mean its heavy or slow.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sword Chick

• Founder/Lead Instructor Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
  • Forum Follower
    • Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
Re: ATrim 1592 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-06, 11:12:44 »
Mine doesn't have a scabbard, but it does have a prettier grip.  ;)
"Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?"
~Steinman/Pitchford

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-06, 13:36:31 »

Pretty cool. Man, I'm seeing a lot of stuff for sale on the forums that I want, but I still need to pay for the one that just got here! :)

lol, I misread the person's question on that thread as asking about "sticker shock" rather than "thicker stock"

It's a shame Gus isn't real good about posting additional numbers like center of gravity, pivot point, etc. I know they don't tell you the whole story about how it will feel, but I can usually guesstimate the feel to some degree. I feel these things are necessary if you're going to buy a sword you've never handled.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-06, 14:53:36 »
It's a shame Gus isn't real good about posting additional numbers like center of gravity, pivot point, etc. I know they don't tell you the whole story about how it will feel, but I can usually guesstimate the feel to some degree. I feel these things are necessary if you're going to buy a sword you've never handled.

Well, I'm good about it. :)

http://www.myarmoury.com/review_at1592.html
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck