"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Ren-Deus-Vult 2011  (Read 8365 times)

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Romans 13:4
Ren-Deus-Vult 2011
« on: 2011-09-04, 18:16:58 »

Welcome Pilgrims and Brothers!   

It is a hard life, that of a Warrior Monk in the Renaissance Faire/Medieval Festival world. We are vastly outnumbered by pirates, musketeers, fairies, and the endless multitude of “danes”, but we soldier on.

We do not ask how many of the "uncommitted" there are, but ask where they might be, so that we may go forth and put up a shining appearance for others to emulate.

All the Brothers of Ren-Deus-Vult stand ready to offer those seeking to join, sound and knowledgeable advice and a readiness to assist in making your appearance all the more spectacular in the eyes of those who gather at these events, and fearsome in the eyes of those who disbelieve! 

We welcome you, once you’ve shed the medieval or mundane mantles of Secular life, whether it be pirates, musketeers, fairies, mundane, or those of Ibelin, Plantagenant, or other Royal Houses and proudly don the colors of one of the Medieval fraternities of Warrior Monks. (for this reading crowd  ;)  )

So throw off your misgivings, put away fear and join the gathered Brethren of Templars, Hospitallers, Teutonic Knights, or any of the many smaller Orders from the period, equally as heroic, such as the Orders of Montjoie, Calatrava, St. Thomas of Canterbury, SchwertzbrĂĽder of Livonia, St. Lazarus of Jerusalem, Montesa, Aviz, and for the valiant lady folk, the Order of the Hatchet.

See you there (Fishers Faire, IN on 1st and 2nd of October), and oh yeah……..Deus vult!

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Ren-Deus-Vult 2011
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-05, 13:39:24 »

That sounds great! I'll be a bit busy that weekend, so it's not possible for me this year. But I love the concept and look forward to hearing more about it.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-05, 21:05:35 »
Indeed, it sounds great. I've currently got a schedule conflict with that, but I look forward to seeing lots of pictures!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-06, 15:07:41 »
Frater, take lots of pictures - wish I could join you brethren but October is shaping up to be particularly busy for my household.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-04, 23:22:40 »
A few shots from a wonderful rally of Crusaders at this event:

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #5 on: 2011-10-04, 23:23:46 »
The Masters of the Orders with King Richard.

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #6 on: 2011-10-04, 23:24:31 »
Inducting new Brothers into the Order.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2011-10-04, 23:45:22 »
Wow. If I were not on cast at PaRF I would so be there. This looks awesome.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #8 on: 2011-10-05, 00:20:57 »
wow awesome. enjoyed the facebook picks too

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #9 on: 2011-10-05, 01:11:00 »
AWESOME, never seen so many crusaders in one spot. That one hospitaller guy, mind telling me where he got his kettle helm? That exact design is the one I want to get but I never found anywhere that sold one like that before, also mind adding me on FB so I can see the FB pics? I'll PM you mine I don't like posting it publicly...

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2011-10-06, 20:39:43 »
Hey, is that a Gen2 Crusader on the desk there in that last pic?  Seems a precarious place to put a sharp sword...unless it was just for the picture, in which case it would've looked better stretched horizontally across the desk.  ;)

Looks like fun though...is it just the one weekend?
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #11 on: 2011-10-07, 01:04:52 »
AWESOME, never seen so many crusaders in one spot. That one hospitaller guy, mind telling me where he got his kettle helm? That exact design is the one I want to get but I never found anywhere that sold one like that before, also mind adding me on FB so I can see the FB pics? I'll PM you mine I don't like posting it publicly...

Brother Metz got his helmet special ordered from Russia, with a tag of $600.00
It arrived the day before the event.

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #12 on: 2011-10-07, 01:06:51 »
Hey, is that a Gen2 Crusader on the desk there in that last pic?  Seems a precarious place to put a sharp sword...unless it was just for the picture, in which case it would've looked better stretched horizontally across the desk.  ;)

Looks like fun though...is it just the one weekend?

Why yes, I believe it was, many of the photos were orchestrated by King Richard and Brother Metz (Master of the Hospital).

Sadly, it is only for one weekend, but we're striving to meet at more festivals.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 2011-10-07, 16:18:43 »
Will have to put this on the list of sites to visit.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 2011-10-07, 20:25:56 »

Brother Metz got his helmet special ordered from Russia, with a tag of $600.00
It arrived the day before the event.

I thought he looked familiar! Joe Metz, aka "OneLuckyGuy" from Photobucket. His kits are truly inspirational.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent