"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Calcio Storico Fiorentino: Cause Football is For Wimps  (Read 5258 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I want to see this live. If I could take a trip to Italy it would be to see this.

"Calcio Storico is a game that has been played in Firenze, Italia for centuries. Four teams; RED, WHITE, BLUE and GREEN, representing different parts of the city; punch, kick, run and scrape their way toward victory in a round robin tournament.

A mix, of rugby, soccer, american football, boxing, MMA and Greco Roman wrestling, CALCIO STORICO FIORENTINO is by for the most exciting sporting event I have ever witnessed live. "

Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: Calcio Storico Fiorentino: Cause Football is For Wimps
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-18, 13:19:45 »
Are there a set of rules? :o

At 2:40 one guy is choking the crap out of an opponent while sitting on top of him.  The referee blows the whistle for a goal and the aggressor stops, stands up and offers his hand to the guy he was just brutally choking!  8)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-18, 13:52:48 »
Chaotic, I love it!  I would definitely get in there to play.  When do they play?  I have been wanting to take my wife to Europe and we want to hit as much as possible.  I'd have to hide this from her til the day of though, she'd never go for it if I told her in advance.  LOL
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-22, 19:34:10 »
That looks like insane, wild, utter chaos - and fun! I wonder what the injury rate is, though? Medical treatment overseas might be difficult.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-23, 16:00:03 »
I'm thinking sprains, contusions, mild concussions, pulled muscles- nothing more serious than that.  All of which I can handle...but not all at once.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Fall down seven, get up eight.