"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Pax vobiscum  (Read 19121 times)

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Romans 13:4
Re: Pax vobiscum
« Reply #30 on: 2011-08-24, 01:21:15 »
Frater, I was wondering...how long have you been attending the Fisher's Ren Faire out in IN?  I ask because I know a guy who used to frequent it w/his family...you may recognize him by his arms, armor and accoutrements here.

Brother William, in truth last year was the first I ever made attendance to Fishers. It is a 10 hour trip, but the promise of a Ren-Deus-Vult, made it worth it. We're planning on another even larger gathering at this year's event, at its new location.

I've see photos of these secular lads, but haven't the pleasure of meeting with them. I've also apparently just missed one of the Brothers of these very forum thread at GARF, of which I've attended since 2004.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Pax vobiscum
« Reply #31 on: 2011-08-24, 15:28:03 »
That sounds like it must have been a most excellent gathering.  I have talked about stretching my legs and seeing some of the other Faires in this fair land...time and opportunity do not always coincide, unfortunately.

Also, I think you are referring to Sir Brian, he attends the GARF yearly. 
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€