"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Pax vobiscum  (Read 19139 times)

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Romans 13:4
Re: Pax vobiscum
« Reply #15 on: 2011-08-12, 10:28:16 »
Wow, that is quit well done. I find it intersting that with a German background you have chosen to do a Templer and not a Teutonic knight. You are doing an earlier period, but most people who do German backgrounds for their Crusaders choose to do Teutonic. Still, very cool.

The area where I was born was closer to French holdings than stronger Teutonic influence, so I adopted that for my persona.  ;D

is that templer bob standing second from the left? i used to talk to him on the AA a long time ago before he left.

Yes it is. Small world, this armored one!  ;)

Welcome fellow crusader. Seems being a crusader on this forum is quite popular. We are getting quite a few members interested in that era including myself.
Wait a second, those pictures in your knight page look familiar, I may have seen them on deviant art before possibly, on this account http://warriormonk1118.deviantart.com/

You can never have enough Crusaders! An apparent fault from back then as well. :P As for deviantart, yes you did, as that's my profile as well. I like to do motivational posters involving Warrior Monks, as you could probably tell. ;D
« Last Edit: 2011-08-12, 10:32:04 by Frater de Beaumanoir »

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #16 on: 2011-08-12, 12:01:29 »
Dominus vobiscum, Frater de Beaumanoir.

Nobiscum deus Ser William, always good to meet fellow Brethren of the Order. Well done bio on your Knight Page.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2011-08-12, 13:27:15 »
Thank you Brother, as is yours.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-15, 13:40:38 »
Very well staged and photographed! :)

You guys are making this poor 14th century warrior feel a little nervous.  ;D ;D
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #19 on: 2011-08-15, 14:08:43 »
welcome to the forum brother!
I follow the way of the Teutonic Order myself, but we need as many dedicated warriors for the cross as we can get, no matter what banner they follow!

I'm glad to see you here brother, you might recognize my Facebook watchword, "Needs more Teutonics!"
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #20 on: 2011-08-15, 18:43:27 »
Hello and welcome  :)
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Frater de Beaumanoir

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #21 on: 2011-08-15, 23:17:20 »
you might recognize my Facebook watchword, "Needs more Teutonics!"

I recogonized you by name and photo Bruder.  ;)

Hail and well met Lords Gerard de Rodes and Rodney.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-15, 23:18:35 by Frater de Beaumanoir »

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #22 on: 2011-08-16, 18:10:23 »
Thank you, Brother. I figured you would, after I spammed the whole figurines album   ;D

Haha, now we simply need to convince the rest of those here to lay aside the secular trappings and follow the cross  ;)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 2011-08-16, 18:47:42 »
Nothing wrong with secular trappings...we all have our own individual calling, no?
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #24 on: 2011-08-17, 02:43:32 »
I know. I speak in jest. Not all are called to the ways of the Military Orders. Even if it's for pretend!  :P

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 2011-08-17, 16:39:31 »
Frater, I was wondering...how long have you been attending the Fisher's Ren Faire out in IN?  I ask because I know a guy who used to frequent it w/his family...you may recognize him by his arms, armor and accoutrements here.

« Last Edit: 2011-08-17, 16:39:59 by Syr William »

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #26 on: 2011-08-17, 19:22:55 »
Very well staged and photographed! :)

You guys are making this poor 14th century warrior feel a little nervous.  ;D ;D

Never fear Lord Rodney there are still a couple of us that are loyal to the 14thC yet lol  ;)

Although after saying that, I do still have all my crusader kit (not truly Templar as I fear the cross is wrong) and my 13thC kit also.  ::)

G.

##Note to self, must drag all my old gear out and get some photo`s.##
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 2011-08-22, 19:35:42 »

Reminder to self. We're waiting for pics. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 2011-08-23, 15:59:07 »

Reminder to self. We're waiting for pics. ;)

Reminder to all.  We're waiting for pics.  ;)

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #29 on: 2011-08-23, 19:50:00 »
LMAO..... :D :D

OK OK I take the hint. The good lady Joanne has had me busy sorting out the garderode lol.
I will get onto it as soon as I get chance.  ;)
G.