Main > The Round Table

Knight of the week

<< < (54/77) > >>

Sir John of Felsenbau:
You're quite welcome...I'm trying to keep busy over the holidays...this season seems to be the worst since my wife died.

Sir Johann

Sir Edward:
Nicely done, Sir John. :)

Lord Dane:
Well-done Sir John. :) Merry Christmas to you.

Sir William:
Sir William the Marshal has never really gotten his just desserts on-screen; the only notable portrayal in recent years was performed by William Hurt in Robin Hood...he didn't get much screen time but I thought he captured the essence that is The Marshal.  I'd love to see a story about his exploits on the big screen w/the typical big Hollywood budget.  Hopefully someone with some clout will have the same inclinations as I do!

Merry Christmas, Sir John...I am glad to see you are still with us!

Sir John of Felsenbau:
I'm Back...hey, I only have 4 more knights and I'm done! Here's one of them:

This week's Knight of the Week: "The Knights of Schellenberg" - The Schellenberg dynasty went back to around 1137, with Otto von Freisberg. They served the Swabians under Rudolf von Hapsburg and won political influence and wealth. The name of the settlement of Schellenberg derives from the Knights of Schellenbergs of Bavaria, who settled it in 1260. They became lords of Schellenberg and later built a gothic castle there. This is where the Knights of Schellenberg ruled their country. Most of the walls still stand, and give a good impression of the layout of the fort. From 1260-1350, they ruled as Lords of Schellenberg. (It did not became a principality until 1493)

Schellenberg von Liechtenstein was one of the famous knights of the Schellenberg family. He was Lord of the  Manor from 1303-1317.  In1350 they sold their estate to the Counts of Werdenberg. Various Schellenberger lines developed in different parts of SW Germany.  The modern coat of arms of the city derives from the Schellenberg coat of arms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version