Main > The Round Table

Knight of the week

<< < (4/77) > >>

Sir William:
Didn't see it on AA, Lord Rodney.

Sir Brian:
Excellent and fascinating stories Sir John!  :)

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Well, I just pick a helm and use it with the surcoat. If I didn't, I'd have a lot of the same helmets, and all my helmets are different. Just bought an early (no tail) german sallet, so am looking into german knights. Plus, when I do my historical research, I can't always get exactly what was worn by that particular knight. I try to mpick a knight that has paintings done of him. Being early in heraldry, often the colors sometimes do not agree with the later heraldic laws.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
This week's knight is: Sir Gregan Crawford. While originating in Denmark, his family settled in Scotland and inherited the Barony of Craufurd. He was born around 1105 and died 1170. He made his mark on the world in 1127 when he was hunting with King David I. A stag attacked the king and would have killed him, but Gregan saved him and killed the deer. King David, knighted him for his bravery and granted the deer's head for his coat of arms. He later was granted other lands in the area. Unfortunatley his heirs sided with William Wallace, and were executed, ending the line of the family.

Sir James A:
That's a neat coat of arms and the story too. I especially like the helmet. Nice work, Sir John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version