"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: Agincourt 2015  (Read 31969 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Agincourt 2015
« Reply #30 on: 2014-05-20, 18:54:08 »
Is there going to be another one of these celebrations? Because I would be interested in going to the next one, even if it is 100 years :)

No, there will not be another 600th anniversary of Agincourt :)

But yes, I think there's at least some sort of event every year, but the 600th anniversary is going to be the biggie.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #31 on: 2014-05-20, 19:04:24 »
Is there going to be another one of these celebrations? Because I would be interested in going to the next one, even if it is 100 years :)

No, there will not be another 600th anniversary of Agincourt :)

But yes, I think there's at least some sort of event every year, but the 600th anniversary is going to be the biggie.

Wow that really sucks... If only I joined the order 4 years ago and was older... Oh well, can't do everything in life. Hope you guys have fun, remember to bring back a souvenir :)
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #32 on: 2014-06-08, 20:15:15 »
Well if Sir Ian can afford to get one of those helos of his & manage to not go AWOL, I think we can plan a trip. :) Just a thought.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 2014-06-08, 20:15:48 »
Well if Sir Ian can afford to get one of those helos of his & manage to not go AWOL, I think we can plan a trip. :) Just a thought.

Just find me a helo that can cross the pond and we'll make this happen :)
My Pinterest

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #34 on: 2014-06-08, 20:19:21 »

Just find me a helo that can cross the pond and we'll make this happen :)

Maybe if we make several stopping points on BP oil platforms on a northern route .. Or perhaps a pitstop in Bermuda. :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #35 on: 2014-06-09, 02:04:38 »

Can't we just load it up with a crap-ton of drop-tanks? Range can be extended indefinitely this way, right? :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 2014-06-14, 14:04:26 »
Sir G,

Do you have a good point of contact on your side of the pond?  We have several reenactment groups here that have been trying to get organized but can't get responses from anyone in the UK or France.  A lot of the big American groups are starting to get cold feet.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-14, 14:04:44 by Ian »
My Pinterest

Sir Humphrey

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
    • My Author's Website
« Reply #37 on: 2014-09-19, 14:56:03 »
I had orginally planned on this.  I even reserved rooms at a nearby B&B.  However, after considering it, decided not to do the reenactment.  It is to be held in July, instead of the original date in October. That is the high season when travel is most expensive. Plus, if you go to Europe you need to stay and see the sights.  I don't want to lug all my reenactment gear around for 2 weeks.  What me and the Mrs have decided to do it go in late Sept/early Oct and visit the battlefield near the time of the actual anniversry and visit other sites, medieval and otherwise, in France and Germany.  Maybe a Rhein River cruise too.
My second novel, "The Archer's Son," available now on Amazon Kindle.  Find it at  http://amzn.to/Usavxf

See my history and archeology blog at: http://erasgone.blogspot.com/

scott2978

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Be generous, passionate, and resolute
    • Dice and Steel
« Reply #38 on: 2014-09-20, 03:50:47 »
I had orginally planned on this.  I even reserved rooms at a nearby B&B.  However, after considering it, decided not to do the reenactment.  It is to be held in July, instead of the original date in October. That is the high season when travel is most expensive. Plus, if you go to Europe you need to stay and see the sights.  I don't want to lug all my reenactment gear around for 2 weeks.  What me and the Mrs have decided to do it go in late Sept/early Oct and visit the battlefield near the time of the actual anniversry and visit other sites, medieval and otherwise, in France and Germany.  Maybe a Rhein River cruise too.

Hmmm an anniversary that's not on the anniversary?

M'lady would never tolerate that!

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 2014-09-20, 12:46:34 »
Rumor has it the French decided on July for the big anniversary reenactment because not only is it in the summer for holiday goers, but Agincourt of course commemorates a major defeat for them... so maybe there's a sore spot there still?? ;)
My Pinterest