Main > The Round Table

The Order of the Hatchet

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-07-14, 18:53:32 ---
I'd love to see this turned into a movie. But then again, Hollywood would probably put all of the women in typical female fantasy armor (which, as much as I love to see it, the historical inaccuracy would have me gritting my teeth).

--- End quote ---

NOT ME...bring on the mailed boobs!  Besides, looking for historical accuracy is just setting one's self up for disappointment...after roughly 100 years of cinema, I get the impression that they will never truly be interested in period accuracy.  We're in a specific niche of moviegoers who can appreciate that sort of thing but Hollywood's not going to cater to the likes of us...a small percentage of people who look for more than what's offered.  Let us take the latest treatment of Robin Hood; the amount of money they'd need to spend to research to full period accuracy won't translate to that much more money (if any at all- how many people would even be able to tell) being made because of it - conversely, they lost nothing by NOT including it therefore, from a business perspective, they did it just right.

I am not as affected as some of you on here...but I still can tell the differences, I just don't allow it to take away from the point of the exercise, which is pure enjoyment.

Having said that, maybe we should try our hand at making a film short (or several) replete with historical accuracy, as much as can be had, on a very limited budget.  At the very least, it should be fun!

And if we're really feeling adventurous, we can film on the grounds of the old VARF!  It already has a castle, appropriate looking scenery and surroundings...why not?  Then we could release it via YouTube and watch it make a buzz...but if we're gonna do it, we gotta do it before someone else does!

Sir Robert:
I like Ser William's thoughts on this matter, i would rather say that we should make a few shorts promoting our order and our views, it would be well that we actually have an official outing as well, we all see each other on rare occasions. I would also like to start thinking about how we could promote our society. At many Celtic events you meet the clan societies so what is involved in building something similar.

I have been involved managing a few  not for profit groups, and we may eventually want to form as one to be more official, ok all that is yet another discussion.

I do like the idea of the shorts though, anyone good at writing script and dialog?

Sir William:
I'm good at writing in general...but not dialog; I guess because I've never given it a go.  I'd definitely be willing to work with others though...Stormdelver's onto something I think.

Joshua Santana:
Yep, this really looks interesting.  Great for two things: first proving that Women did become Knights and second, great material for a Hollywood Film or TV Serial.

Sir James (Fiat Lux):
Thanks for posting this info! I had heard of the Order of the Hatchet before, but had a tough time remembering it, especially recently. My Lady and some of her close associates are contemplating starting a female analog of the Fiat Lux, and this has given them quite a bit of inspiration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version