Main > The Round Table

Forum software version 2.0

(1/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

Version 2.0 of the SMF forum software has been released, so I'm considering upgrading to it in the near future. One downside is that the theme we're using probably won't work with it, so we may be stuck with a generic theme or I may have to quickly pick out a new one. I didn't build the theme myself, I took one from the SMF site and modified it a little.

I'm currently investigating how the upgrade process works. Supposedly I just upload the files and run a script, and it converts the forum data and code.

Sir Wolf:
WOW thats a huge difference in forum software

Sir Edward:

I'm still working on it. The theme is one I downloaded. It started out based around red, so I'm shifting it back to blue, etc. Some features may not be working yet either. I need to re-add the dictionary, for instance.

Sir Edward:
The Knight Pages broke with the upgrade as well. I have it working again, as far as displaying is concerned. However the SSO stuff is still broken, so you can't make updates until I get that straightened out.

Also, if you guys have any recommendations, let me know. I'm still messing with the overall look, making sure things work, etc.

Sir Edward:

Embedded youtube videos are still broken too. Lots to fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version