Main > The Round Table

Modern medieval art

<< < (2/3) > >>

Das Bill:
Jess Finley wrote me an awesome "thank you" card once that she illustrated with drawings in the same style as 15th century fencing manuscripts. It was awesome, and looked like it came right out of the pages of Peter Falkner.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-06-07, 15:25:18 ---Jess Finley wrote me an awesome "thank you" card once that she illustrated with drawings in the same style as 15th century fencing manuscripts. It was awesome, and looked like it came right out of the pages of Peter Falkner.

--- End quote ---

That's cool, did you save it? I'd love to see it. That's exactly the sort of thing I think would be cool to do.

Of course, I'd be tempted to add some anachronisms. Imagine a fechtbuch with depictions of combat, horses, and all the rest that's normal. And then it shows the cars parked nearby, and someone using a cellphone. :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-06-07, 16:10:46 ---And then it shows the cars parked nearby, and someone using a cellphone. :)

--- End quote ---

I can't find the captioned one, but someone took this image

and had something like "Harld dead. Henry 2 b king soon. Home 4 dinner."

I used to print out the "measurement" line drawing from some of the armor stores online and try to draw armor over it, since I'm horrible with drawing things to remotely proper scale. Never did very well with it.

I have LOTS of drawings of castles, though. Almost all from an architectural standpoint. Before the cats godzilla'd it many years ago, I had a paper 3d model of a castle I printed out and assembled, about 2' x 3', complete with towers and a gatehouse. From a few feet away, it looked really sturdy. :)

Sir Edward:

Yeah, that's a great photo. :) I've seen it captioned a couple of different ways now. But it's really hard to google for.

The paper model sounds pretty cool. I made a cardboard castle, designed to be modular for table-top gaming (Warhammer games). I'm probably going to ditch it soon, since it's just been taking up closet space for the last 20 years. It's sturdy, but isn't pretty.

Sir Wolf:
is that the one that was on the TV set? it was cool. it really sucks to grow up hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version