Main > The Round Table

The Colée/Buffet

<< < (5/5)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-06-06, 18:06:43 ---Well I think you did admirably...and the three taps to the shoulders is what we all know to be part of the knighting process.

--- End quote ---

I watched the kids knighting ceremony, and noticed the queen goes head, right shoulder, left shoulder. The 3 taps to the shoulder is what I'm used to seeing as well, so the queen's ceremony struck me as different. Is it because VARF is an Elizabethan period-based ceremony?

Sir Edward:
I'm not entirely sure. I haven't seen anything so far that describes in detail where the taps should occur. From what I understand it evolved out of the colee with an intermediate stage of having a strike with the sword-flat, which presumably might still go to the neck or head.

Hmm, now this has me curious.

Sir William:
I still want to see someone take it full-on...I know you didn't feel comfortable with that, Sir Edward (and truthfully, I was thankful for that lol) but who knows, that comfort level may change as time goes on and you settle into the KC role.  ;)

Sir Wulf:
I got a black eye from my buffet. My knighting ceremony was christian based. The only exemption made for my religious beliefs was that I wasn't required to kneel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version