Main > The Round Table

The Colée/Buffet

(1/5) > >>

Sir Edward:
Interesting discussion on the AA about the colée or buffet in the accolade ceremonies in the SCA:

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101290&sid=87eb67c862459a1a94f8bbb5a08b01d0

The thread begins with a nice photo of a sword flexing over the new knight's head. :)

Sir Edward:
Here's a buffet/colée from further down in that thread:

Sir William:
I doubt he'll ever forget that...is that what we're going with?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-05-19, 19:14:09 ---I doubt he'll ever forget that...is that what we're going with?

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily. We still have time to decide what we'd like to do at the first knighting. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable hitting you guys, and technically the "3 strokes of the sword" evolved out of this and replaced it. But I'm still open to discussing it.

Though as far as buffets go, I like what one guy said on that thread:

"If the gods ever allow me into a place where I may administer the buffet I will deliver an open-handed slap to the face. It's loud, it doesn't do permanent damage, the knight gets to wear some welts for a couple of hours...and it's humiliating. It should be. It's the terminal humiliation in a long line that the knight has endured to be where s/he is and after which no other must be borne except by the knight's own choice. "

Sir Wolf:
momma said knock you out... and then be friends with you ahhaha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version