"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
                -- Thomas Edison

Author Topic: WMAW 2011 Registration is open!  (Read 3587 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
WMAW 2011 Registration is open!
« on: 2011-05-16, 22:25:31 »

http://wmaw.us/2011/

WMAW is one of the best HEMA/WMA events in the country. It only comes around once every two years, and is held in a very scenic location up near the Great Lakes, in Racine WI (about an hour north of Chicago). It's hosted by the Chicago Swordplay Guild, and it brings in instructors from all around the world. There's a wide range of classes to choose from, covering all sorts of different forms of weapons and historical techniques, ranging from medieval to semi-modern.

What's even better is all of the camaraderie.

If there's one event you plan on going to, you can't go wrong by choosing this one. If you do choose to go, be absolutely sure to sign up for the Saturday night feast.

The event is September 15-18 this year.

The attendance is capped somewhere around 150, if I recall. It tends to fill somewhat quickly, but not immediately. The on-site dorm fills VERY quickly though. Personally I just get a room at the Racine Knight's Inn. The rooms are cheap and clean, and of course there's the theme. :) It's about 5 miles from the site, which translates to about 15 minutes because of all the traffic lights. The added bonus is that I get some quiet privacy, and air conditioning. The on-site dorm is 2 or 3 people to a room, shared bathrooms, and no air conditioning.

You have to pick all of your classes when you register, but you can always email them to make changes.

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )