"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: 45 years and still going. Happy Beltaine SCA.  (Read 4236 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
45 years and still going. Happy Beltaine SCA.
« on: 2011-05-02, 09:07:35 »
This weekend marks the 45th year of the SCA.

Happy Beltaine all!

-Ivan
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02, 09:08:16 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: 45 years and still going. Happy Beltaine SCA.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-02, 12:53:43 »
Thanks for the reminder Ivan.  It's weird to think the SCA is older than I am (but not by much ;)).

The SCA corporate office has just announced that all memberships in the tornado stricken South (as determined by zip code) have been temporarily suspended.  They are doing this so that the "annual membership fee clock" stops ticking and those affected members can take care of what's truly important then restart the clock once they get on their feet again.   8)  This is the same process they followed during Katrina and it seemed to have worked very well.

I haven't heard of any SCA or WMA folks that were lost to us during the terrible tornado outbreak.  My heart goes out to all those families affected by these storms and I encourage people to make a donation, no matter how small, to the American Red Cross to assist with relief efforts.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: 45 years and still going. Happy Beltaine SCA.
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-02, 15:12:49 »
Congratulations to the SCA...
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€