Main > The Round Table

Jackwagon!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Patrick:
The part I loved was when I heard on the news how much money the Feds are spending to protect him now (it's over $100K and rising).  Why should the taxpayers have to pony up for that?  I'm all for free speech, but a six-figure price tag is hardly "free". >:(

Sir Edward:

With freedom comes responsibility. He's free to burn books and spout hate-speech, but he's also free to reap the inherent dangers as well, IMHO. :)

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-04-05, 16:16:44 ---With freedom comes responsibility.
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  I wish those American's who demand and declare their freedoms so loudly also recognize the tremendous responsibilities that are required of them to maintain those same freedoms; not only for themselves, but for future generations as well.

Another pet peeve of mine:  We are guaranteed "the pursuit of happiness" in this country, we are not guaranteed happiness. ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-04-05, 16:16:44 ---
With freedom comes responsibility. He's free to burn books and spout hate-speech, but he's also free to reap the inherent dangers as well, IMHO. :)

--- End quote ---

Agreed wholeheartedly. With freedom of {x} means also accepting the consequences of being stupid. Last I checked, murder is still illegal, as is assault and battery ... and "protection from others" isn't a constitutional right. So, why are we protecting him??

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2011-04-05, 16:05:41 ---The part I loved was when I heard on the news how much money the Feds are spending to protect him now (it's over $100K and rising).  Why should the taxpayers have to pony up for that?  I'm all for free speech, but a six-figure price tag is hardly "free". >:(

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-04-05, 16:16:44 ---

--- End quote ---

What is really pathetic is that Pastor abusing and twisting the bible scripture in Acts 19:18-20 to conform to his twisted self-serving ideology when in that scripture the essential difference was the newly converted willingly burned their own troves of arcane books as a form of their repentance. If a person’s heart is not changed by the Holy Spirit than nothing will change it! I cannot understand how folks who profess so strong and loudly of the piety are so far off the mark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version